Assessing tree hazards is one way a Certified Arborist can improve safety and limit liability. Recognizing and treating these problems not only increases safety for you and your neighbors, but can also greatly improve the health and life of your trees. Mountain Tree Care can assess these hazards and recommend an appropriate course of action. Some signs of a hazardous tree are:
- Cracks in the trunks of major limbs
- Hollow, aged, and decayed trees
- Conks on trunk or mushrooms at the base of the tree
- Dead branches
- Carpenter ants, honey bees, woodpeckers, and other animals which live in decayed or hollow trees
- One-sided or significantly leaning trees
According to The International Society of Arboriculture (ISA), "Recognizing and reducing tree hazards not only increases the safety of your property and that of your neighbors, but also improves the tree's health and may increase its longevity."
Call Mountain Tree Care for a Hazardous Tree Assessment. Let us keep your trees healthy and safe.